We don’t have much information yet – but Dynafit has a new boot for the upcoming season and (no surprise) a few new skis.
The boot, named the Khion, is aimed at the freeride touring market (those that actually want to SKI on the down). Couple interesting bits here.
1) There is a fair amount of carbon utilized in the Khion. We expect this will be stiff.
2) The liner appears completely new with a BOA closure. We’ve been asking for a real liner to come with a touring boot for sometime. Maybe they’ve stepped up. (for instance, we noticed huge performance gains when putting a zipfit in the Vulcan – and we let Dynafit know)
3) I don’t see any microadjust with respect to the buckles. Could be a buzzkill.
4) No removable tongues. Praise the lord. I have grown to hate fiddling with these at the top of a desecent…
5) Though the boot is clearly aimed at the Scarpa Freedom SL it retains a more functional AT shape (non clunky).
6) Doesn’t appear to be compatible with any binders besides framed AT (or STR) and tech
7) New ski/walk mechanism which is supposedly patented
8) ROM isn’t mentioned but we expect it to be good by looking at it
9) Notice that little red thing near the main pivot? That appears to be a way to adjust when the bump stop engages. Kind of cool.
10) The buckles are supposedly patented. I’m sure we’ll hear more on them later.
11) There will be lower priced (sans carbon) models with a softer flex. (sort of like the Vulcan/Mercury thing)
More to follow. We are PUMPED on this one.